Tuesday, October 17, 2017

NFL Lines - Week 6 Results

Eagles @ Panthers (-3.5) 23 - X

Bears 27 @ Ravens (-6.5) 24 - X

Browns 17 @ Texans (-10) 33 - OK

Packers 10 @ Vikings (+3) 23 - OK
Yes, I "won" this one, but I don't feel good about it. I despise injuries.

Lions 38 @ Saints (-4.5) 52 - OK
WTF happened here?

Dolphins 20 @ Falcons (-12) 17 - X
The most surprising result of week? Most certainly.

Patriots 24 @ Jets (+10) 17 - OK
Fuck everything about that call in the end zone. Not a single person with half a brain thinks that ball belonged to the Pats after that play. I don't like the Jets, I don't care about the Pats but I was (and still am, thinking about it) livid about that decision. 

49ers (+10.5) 24 @ Redskins 26 - OK
Losing 5 games in a row by a total of 13 points. That's amazing.

Buccaneers (-2.5) 33 @ Cardinals 38 - X
Fun, but stupid note from this game. During the week I decided to drop a underperforming WR in fantasy. I saw J. Brown available and jumped on him. I had completely forgotten the Cards had two players named J. Brown and I got Jaron instead of John. To be fair Jaron had a few great weeks beforehand, so it's not like they were polar opposites or anything.

Rams 27 @ Jaguars (-2.5) 17 - X
Every time I decide to trust the Jaguars, they get beat. If I don't trust them, they blow up the other team. I'm not very good at this.

Steelers 19 @ Chiefs (-5) 13 - X
I severely underestimated the Steelers defense. Holy crap they are solid. And it seems like Bell's preseason is over and he's ready to play.

Chargers 17 @ Raiders (-3) 16 - X
Disclaimer, I thought here the Raiders would be slight favorites as there was no line last week as I typed the predictions. They were. I picked them before the game but did not edit the post. You'll have to trust me on this!

Man I trust the Raiders way more than I should. I think every one of their game this year I've guessed wrong. I'm starting to think last year was almost a fluke.

Giants 23 @ Broncos 10 (-12) - X
I did not finish this game, but my first thought was that the Broncos offense produce some good stuff (almost 400 yards passing) but couldn't close out their drives. Sometimes it was because of good Giants D, sometimes they missed FGs (twice, in fact). Impressive win by the Giants, but I don't think it means anything in the grand scheme of things.

Colts (+7.5) 22 @ Titans 36 - X
Disclaimer, there was no line this past week. I wrote that the Titans would be favorite by a few points (in my head, between 3-6). When I saw the 7.5 line, I picked the Colts but did not edit the post. You'll have to trust me on this.

I felt good about the Colts for most of the game, then it all unraveled when it mattered.

Week 6 results: 5-9 so far
2017 season so far: 40-51

No comments:

Post a Comment