Thursday, September 21, 2017

NFL Lines - Week 3 predictions

So many road favorites this week. It's kinda staggering when you hear/read the stats at first (10 out of 16!), but when you go down the list of games, it does make sense. The better teams are playing on the road this week. And in many cases, the road team is significantly better than the home team. I even thought some road favorites had relatively low lines. If I was a betting man, I'd jump on some of them (Broncos and Raiders, first and foremost).

Rams (-2.5) @ 49ers
That's a Thursday night game I'm relatively interested in, since these are two teams I don't see play that often. To be honest, it's mostly the Rams here. Last year I watched only one of their games and they played really great, so my opinion of them is biased.

Ravens (-4) @ Jaguars
Morning football! Usually the weekend mornings are me watching European soccer. If I find the time on my normally busy weekends, I'll try to catch the Ravens, that's for sure.

Browns @ Colts (+1)
While I believe the Browns aren't as bad this year, I'm still not ready to bet them on the road, even against an even poopier team in the Colts.

Broncos (-3) @ Bills
The Bills haven't been especially bad, but they can't score it seems. While the Broncos offense isn't world-class, it's certainly able to put a few points on the board.

Texans @ Patriots (-13)
It seems to me the Pats always destroy the Texans. Looking at the past few matchups, the Pats have indeed beaten Houston by large margins lately. 28, 13, 3, 21, 27, 18. Only one legitimately close game in this lot.

Dolphins @ Jets (+5.5)

Saints @ Panthers (-5.5)
I don't know what to make of either teams, but at least Carolina's defense has been excellent so far (6 points allowed in two games).

Steelers @ Bears (+8.5)


Giants @ Eagles (-6)
The Eagles have been actually good in the opening couple of weeks. The Giants have been quite the opposite. Add the fact that it's our home opener and I think this game is ours. The only thing I can see playing a factor in a hypothetical loss is if OBJ explodes against our relatively weak secondary.

Falcons (-3) @ Lions
The Lions might be much better than most people anticipated. Or not. They're a team that could go 4-12 this season or 12-4 and I wouldn't bat an eye. At the same time, I think the Falcons are going to be the cream of the crop in the NFC this season once again, so I'm not betting against them.

Buccaneers @ Vikings
No line yet! If I treat this as a pick'em, which it very well might be, I'd pick the Buccaneers.

Seahawks @ Titans (-3)
The Seahawks have to show me they have a functional offense for me to bet for them on the road ever again. It's completely ridiculous that a team with such a stellar defense is so poopy on offense. And it's not like they don't have skilled players on offense.

Bengals @ Packers (-9)
The Bengals have been horrendous so far. It's in Lambeau. I'm guessing a beatdown here.

Chiefs (-3) @ Chargers
Line seems quite low as the Chiefs have been stellar so far.

Raiders (-3) @ Redskins
Another seemingly low line here. The Redskins aren't bad by any means but the Raiders look vastly superior.

Cowboys (-3) @ Cardinals
Tough one here. It's the Cards home opener after two lackluster games. The Cowboys have been exposed badly last week. I expect both teams to come out guns blazing. In such a game, I expect the Cowboys to be better. But I want them to lose 56-0 still.

Season so far: 17-14

No comments:

Post a Comment