Tuesday, September 19, 2017

NFL Lines - Week 2 results

This week was much better than the opening one (10-6 against 7-8). I was mostly happy with how my picks turned out, even if I grossly misjudged some teams.

Texans (+6) 13 @ Bengals 9 - OK
Came in time for the second half after a parents-teacher meeting. What a terrible game, but at least we had a superb highlight out of it when Watson bamboozled the whole Bengals defense with that long TD run. Other than that, the Bengals are really bad so far, with a staggering 4.5 points per game so far.

Cardinals 16 @ Colts (+7.5) 13 - OK
OVERTIME! That I missed when I closed DAZN for a few seconds. Did not look like a great game.

Patriots (-7) 36 @ Saints 20 - OK
Did not see that game, but was happy (for my fantasy team) Gronk exploded. Was not surprised the Pats blew out the Saints. Not at all.

Eagles (+6) @ Chiefs 27 - X
It was a very close game up until that unfortunate interception after Wentz' pass bounced off a linebacker's helmet right to the hands of a linesman. Then it kinda unraveled for the Eagles. A few bright spots for the birds as Jeffery came alive and our pass rush was mostly good. A late touchdown put the score back to a respectable (and ultimately more representative of the play disparity between both teams) 7 point loss. A glimmer of hope with that successful onside kick and the ensuing Hail Mary. The prayer ended up being slightly too long in a sea of arms.

Bears 7 @ Bucs (-7.0) 29 - OK 

Vikings (+5) 9 @ Steelers 26 - X

Browns 10 @ Ravens (-8) 24 - OK
I'm really happy the Ravens won (favourite AFC team, for anyone wondering), but really confused and frustrated at myself for putting Perriman into my lineup for a grand total of zero fantasy point. I should have left Gore in, I would have had about 10 points instead of zero. I'm dropping Perriman tomorrow. Two games, eight targets, one catch, five yards. You see my point.

Bills (+8.5) 3 @ Panthers 9 - OK
That has to be the less convincing 2-0 start in recent memories by the Panthers.

Titans (-2) 37 @ Jaguars 16 - OK

Jets 20 @ Raiders (-13) 42 - OK

Dolphins 19 @ Chargers (-4) 17 - X

49ers 9 @ Seahawks (-14) 12 -X
Well that looked like a terrible game. There's no way I'm starting Russell Wilson next week, not with my second QB, future multiple time MVP Carson Wentz, throwing for 300+ yards like it was nothing every week. Seriously though, that offensive line is horrendous.

Cowboys 17 @ Broncos (+2.5) 42 - OK
The Broncos' defense is freakishly good. Sure, I don't think it was a great game plan by the Cowboys (yes, I'm still on the "Jason Garrett is not a very good coach" side of that debate) to have their 2nd year QB throw 50 times against arguably the best secondary in the NFL. To be fair, their run defense did their job against a world-class offensive line so there wasn't much to gain there anyway. I don't know what the Broncos' ceiling is right now, but I feel like it could be much higher than we all thought at the beginning of the season.

Redskins 27 @ Rams (-3) 20 - X

Packers 23 @ Falcons (-2.5) 34 - OK
The Falcons look every bit as deadly as they did last year, despite the best efforts from many "experts" to declare last year's performance a fluke (a criticism mostly aimed at Matt Ryan). Considering Seattle's absolutely horrendous offensive line, it's safe to say th

Lions 24 @ Giants (-3) 10 - X

This week: 10-6
Season so far: 17-14

No comments:

Post a Comment