Wednesday, January 11, 2017

NBA Over/Under 2016-2017

So before the season started, I wrote down, in my daily planner, the Over/Under lines for the total number of wins for every NBA team and made some predictions. I've done this a few times now during the past few seasons, usually while listening to Bill Simmons' podcast on that very subject. I haven't looked at them since, but I will while copying them on this blog. I know I'll feel smart about some, and quite dumb about others. That's quite normal. Here goes:


Eastern Conference:

  • Atlanta Hawks - 43.5 - OVER
  • Boston Celtics - 52.5 - OVER
  • Brooklyn Nets - 21.5 - UNDER
  • Charlotte Hornets - 40.5 - UNDER
  • Chicago Bulls - 40.5 - UNDER
  • Cleveland Cavaliers - 57 - EVEN
  • Detroit Pistons - 44.5 - UNDER
  • Indiana Pacers - 44.5 - OVER
  • Miami Heat - 35 - UNDER
  • Milwaukee Bucks - 36 - OVER
  • New York Knicks - 40.5 - OVER
  • Orlando Magic - 37 - UNDER
  • Philadelphia 76ers - 25 - OVER
  • Toronto Raptors - 50 - OVER
  • Washington Wizards - 42.5 - OVER

Western Conference:
  • Dallas Mavericks - 40 - UNDER
  • Denver Nuggets - 37 - UNDER
  • Golden State Warriors - 66.5 - OVER
  • Houston Rockets - 44.5 - OVER
  • Los Angeles Clippers - 54 - EVEN
  • Los Angeles Lakers - 25.5 - OVER
  • Memphis Grizzlies - 44 - OVER
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - 42.5 - OVER 
  • New Orleans Pelicans - 36.5 - UNDEr
  • Oklahoma City Thunder - 45 - EVEN
  • Phoenix Suns - 29 - UNDER
  • Portland Trail Blazers - 45.5 - OVER
  • Sacramento Kings - 32.5 - UNDER
  • San Antonio Spurs - 57 - OVER
  • Utah Jazz - 47 - OVER
That's about it, I'll write back when the season ends to see how I did. So far I think I'm over 50% right, if not 60%. But some predictions do look quite terrible (like the Wolves and the Cavaliers).

No comments:

Post a Comment