Thursday, January 5, 2017

A fresh start

I thought for a while about how I should phrase this article. Why, exactly, have I decided to stop writing exclusively about basketball? The complete answer would be long, tedious and frankly uninteresting for basically anyone except myself. And that's a stretch, because even me thinking about it has me bored. Let's just say, for the sake of brevity that life happens and people change.

For those extremely precise and detailed reasons, I have decided to change the focus of this blog to every sport I'm watching and following. Sure, it won't be as specialized, but it will certainly be way more active. I'm going to try a few things. I don't know what will work and what won't. Knowing myself, there will be a lot of predictions for the NFL and the NBA. I like predicting stuff (I did about half the NBA season's worth of predictions 2 seasons ago and I wasn't bad at all! I was somewhere are 53-54% against the spread for every single NBA game. Not terrible!). Heck, I'd actually gamble if I had money to spare. I find the temptation quite intense, since it's fun to see if your impressions are accurate or not, but I've never done it and don't plan on doing it.

Predicting every NBA games would be too time-consuming, but doing so for the NFL seems reasonable. I'm going to try to start this weekend. However, I did write down my predictions for the Over/Under of wins for every NBA team at the start of the season, I'll copy it here and see how I stack up come April.

I'll also touch on, if possible and pertinent, the EPL, the Champions League, tennis, Formula One and other sports I like.

I might seem all over the place, but it's actually quite liberating for me. Being NBA-only was a bit like chaining myself to a league I don't watch as much as I used to. This is a blog I do for fun, I'm not pretending to be some sort of sports savant. But I like to have proofs lying around so I can evaluate my "skills".

Next up, I'm going to copy my NBA O/U wins predictions over here. And then I'm going to predict all 4 wild card games this coming weekend.

Here's hoping to a successful fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment